Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ciara To “Take It Back To Basics” With ‘Basic Instinct’


Ciara sat down with Entertainment Focus to discuss her upcoming ‘Basic Instinct’ LP recently. During the conversation, the performer revealed that she intends to go back to her club roots on the album and have fun. Check out what she had to say below:


You’re new album Basic Instinct is coming later this year. Are you still recording the record or have you finished now?

Well I’ve almost finished. I’m about 95% done. That’s what I’m going to do today – I’m going to finalise the (track)listing for my album too. We’re at the very end. We’ve got some interludes and stuff like that but I’m almost at the very end now.

What can we expect from the album?

With this record I’m taking it back to basics and giving my fans what they love. It’s me taking it back to when I first started. I have to say on this record I put a warning that it’s bass heavy because that’s how I started out; the bass is always important…it’s an important ingredient to my music. There’s definitely a lot of bass but at the same time you’re going to be able to put it on and listen to it from beginning to end. It will definitely keep you out of your seat. Even the slow records tell such great stories and are still so good I feel like my fans are going to be happy. I do believe that when you hear the record you’re really gonna have a good time listening to the music. It’s going to take you to a really fun place.

Is it going to be an evolution from your first three albums or will it offer a mixture of sounds?

It’s definitely going to be a mixture. It’s going to have a bit of the ingredients from my first record. One thing I’ve always said is that I want my albums to have all three; I want it to be a bit of the hip-hop, a little bit of the R&B and pop. I’ve been very blessed and my music has always been able to go into those areas. For example with my first record I toured with 50 Cent, Lil’ Jon and Ludacris…I was the only female there and I was able to hold my own in the middle of all those guys. Later on in my career I had a record with Justin (Timberlake) and it was very different from my world. I was just able to share that side of me there. It’s really important to me that it’s a combination and that it can travel from the hood in Atlanta to the UK – that’s important to me. It’s definitely going to have a little hip-hop, R&B and pop.

~Love,Dummie~

No comments:

Post a Comment