Wednesday, July 7, 2010

LEONA LEWIS PROMISES A “DIFFERENT” SOUND ON NEW ALBUM


In a recent interview with David Owens from WalesOnline, Leona Lewis spoke about her next studio album. The Pop singer revealed that they project will feature a “different” and “fun” sound from her with early reports citing contributions from David Guetta, Ne-Yo and J.R. Rotem. Check out what she had to say below:


“I think that’s going to be a bit different from what people have heard from me before,” she reveals. “I think that with going in different directions musically with the show, it’s given people a different vibe from what they had before, so it’s going to be different and fun. I’m just going to go in and create and just see what happens.”


Judging from the impressive footage from her ‘Labyrinth’ tour, it seems that Lewis is finally developing into a seasoned performer. While she has always be sonically talented, Lewis has always lacked the edge to make her interesting compared to her counterparts in the game today. Now, with her increasing creative control in her career, I sense that Lewis is finally going to make a record that will categorise her as more than just another wannabe Mariah Carey.

However, I hope Lewis does not go to the extreme in her effort to create her own identity. The last thing we need is another Christina Aguilera ‘let me take off my clothes, get some piercings and kiss girls to get some attention’ artist on our hands.

~Love,Dummie~

No comments:

Post a Comment